How do I return the settings of Edge Gateway to the factory settings (initialize them)?
Procedure using the DIP switch on the main unit
- Set the DIP switch on the front of the main unit to "U-Boot command mode".
- When you start the main unit of Edge Gateway, by holding down the PUSH switch for 3 seconds, it will be initialized and its settings will return to the factory settings.
Procedure by operating the CLI
*Inputting and outputting the command are the same in administrator mode and configuration mode. The following shows an example of executing the command in administrator mode.
- Input the command for initializing the settings.
amnimo# config initialize
- You will see a message asking if you want to overwrite the settings.
To proceed with the initialization process, enter "y", and press the [ Enter ] key.
Do you want to initialize the settings? (y/n):
- After the process proceeds, you will see a message asking if you want to save the settings and restart Edge Gateway.
If you enter "y" and press the [ Enter ] key, rebooting Edge Gateway will be started in the initialized state.
Would you like to save settings and reboot the system? (y/n):
After starting Edge Gateway, set your password first.
Need to registration for new password.
Enter password for admin.
Enter new password: ← Enter a new password and press the [ Enter ] key.
Retype new password: ← Enter the new password again and press the [ Enter ] key.
passwd: password updated successfully.